Blackmores Colon Care is a mild laxative, prepared with fibre and herbs to
gently assist cleansing and functioning of the bowel (colon). Blackmores
Colon Care promotes elimination of waste from the body.
Features and benefits
- Psyllium provides natural fibre to increase the volume of the stool
and stimulate evacuation
- Aniseed powder and Liquorice root stimulate digestion and act as
carminatives to prevent the griping pain commonly associated with
- Powder format that can be swallowed with water, added to food or
made into a tea
- Powdered formulation allows the dosage to be easily adjusted
according to need
How it works
The herbs used in this formula have a laxative effect. Laxative herbs
work in different ways. Some laxatives stimulate peristalsis, which is the
contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel, promoting evacuation and thus
helping to relieve constipation. The herbs senna and buckthorn both
contain compounds called anthraquinone glycosides which work by stimulating
Other laxatives have a high mucilage content, such as the herbs psyllium
and agar . These herbs can both soothe an irritated and inflamed bowel, and
increase the bulk of the stool which stimulates evacuation.
Adults - Place 1 – 3 g (½ - 1 level metric teaspoon) on tongue followed
by a full glass of water. Add to fresh or stewed fruit, cereals, soups or
vegetables. As a tea, add 3 g (1 level metric teaspoon) to 1 cup of boiling
water, leave for 10 minutes, strain & drink. Best taken last thing at night,
Children : Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems. Colon
Care should only be used for a few days, and it is important to ensure
plenty of dietary fibre, adequate fluid intake and regular exercise.
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or
if you develop diarrhoea.
- Do not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Overuse may lead to dependence and/or fluid and mineral depletion.
Active ingredients per gram
|Senna leaf dry
|Rhamnus catharticus (Buckthorn) bark dry
|Psyllium husk powder
|Psyllium seed dry
|Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) seed powder
|Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) root powder
|Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (Uva ursi) leaf powder
- Overuse may decrease absorption of nutrients and oral medications
due to increased speed of transit through the intestines.