Blackmores Ginkgo Brahmi contains herbs which have traditionally been used
to improve memory and mental capacity.
Features and benefits
- Improves memory.
- Aids cognitive function.
How it works
Ginkgo increases blood flow and helps normalise
circulation as it has a relaxing effect on arteries and a toning effect on
veins. Ginkgo increases the fluidity of blood and by improving circulation
can enhance the utilization of oxygen and glucose by the body.
Brain cells require large amounts of energy to function properly. Glucose
and oxygen need to be constantly supplied to the brain cells to create
energy, as the brain has very small energy reserves. Many studies have shown
positive effects of ginkgo on working memory, the speed of information
processing and learning.
Brahmi is an Ayurvedic medicine traditionally used to
improve memory and mental capacity. Studies suggest that brahmi can improve
concentration and speed of information processing as well as learning rate.
Adults - Take one tablet twice daily with meals, or as professionally
Children (under 12 years) - Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and Cautions
- May cause mild laxative effect.
- On rare occasions, may cause mild headache or dizziness.
- Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in
- Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Ginkgo biloba may
increase the risk of bleeding associated with surgery
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
|Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) extract
equivalent to dry whole plant
(standardised to contain bacosides 67.5mg)
| 3 g (3000mg)
|Ginkgo biloba (Ginkgo) extract
equivalent to dry leaf
(standardised to contain ginkgo flavonglycosides 16mg and
ginkgolides and bilobalide 4mg)
| 3 g (3000mg)
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking warfarin.
Ginkgo biloba may increase the risk of bleeding with this medication.
- A pale green-yellow, small round bi-convex tablet. Film coated.