Blackmores Glucosamine 1500 offers a convenient, one a day dose to help
reduce joint inflammation and swelling, and help relieve the pain caused by
osteoarthritis. Glucosamine reduces cartilage wear, increases mobility and
decreases joint stiffness. It can help to slow the progression of joint
damage in osteoarthritis.
Features and benefits
- Convenient, one a day dose.
- Effective for arthritis pain relief.
- Results expected after 2-4 weeks.
- Slows the progression of joint damage in osteoarthritis.
- Helps to increase joint mobility and reduce joint stiffness.
- Helps to reduce joint inflammation and swelling.
- Helps to reduce cartilage wear.
How it works
Glucosamine and sulfate are natural components found in the cartilage
matrix and synovial fluid. Glucosamine is a major building block of the
substances that together with protein form the structural units in
cartilage. These structural units, called aggrecans, are important for the
elasticity, resilience and shock-absorbing properties of cartilage. Ageing
decreases the body?? ability to restore and manufacture normal cartilage.
Supplementary glucosamine can be an important source of this vital component
of cartilage as we age.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by joint degeneration and loss of
cartilage. As we get older the ??ear and tear??effects of use cause
degenerative changes in the cartilage. The cartilage becomes more
susceptible to breakdown and damage, which may result in the typical
symptoms of osteoarthritis. These symptoms include decreased mobility,
increased joint stiffness, inflammation and swelling.
Glucosamine may help to provide relief from these symptoms, as well as
helping to reduce cartilage wear and provide temporary relief of the pain
associated with this condition.
Researchers found in a clinical trial that patients with osteoarthritis
of the knees had a clinically significant improvement in pain and mobility
after a period of four weeks using glucosamine sulphate 500 mg three times
Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally
Children under 12 years ??Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- This product is derived from crustacean shells. Not recommended for
people with seafood allergies.
- Contains 150 mg sodium per daily dose.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex
Equiv. to glucosamine sulfate 1500 mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives,
artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking warfarin.
A white bullet-shaped tablet with a break bar. Film coated white.