A premium pregnancy formula which has been specially developed to provide 17
essential nutrients including 10 vitamins, 6 minerals and omega-3 fatty
acids that may be beneficial to a mother and her developing baby. It is
recommended during pregnancy as well as when breast-feeding.
Features and benefits
- Provides iodine to promote healthy development of baby's brain,
eyesight & hearing.
- Provides a daily dose of 500 µg of folic acid that may reduce the
risk of brain and/or spinal cord birth defects such as spina bifida and
anencephaly if taken daily for 1 month prior to conception and during
- Provides vitamin D3 to support calcium absorption to assist with
healthy development of baby’s bones.
- Provides omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote healthy
development of baby's brain & eyesight.
- Provides overall nutritional support with 17 nutrients including 10
vitamins, 6 minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
How it works
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-feeding Gold contains the following
- Iodine - is important for the normal functioning of
the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the
synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell
in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular
metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important for the normal development of
the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems of children. Iodine plays an
important role in the normal development of brain, eyesight and hearing.
- Tuna fish oil - is a source of omega-3 long chain
fatty acids. One of the main long chain fatty acids found in breast milk
and in tuna oil is DHA. DHA is particularly important for the normal
function of the brain and nerves, and for development of normal
- Folic acid - plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis,
and is therefore critical in cellular division. In order to divide
properly cells need adequate folic acid. The development and growth of a
foetus involves constant cell division, which can lead to an increase in
the mother’s demand for folate. Daily supplementation with folic acid
for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy may reduce the
incidence of neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly in
- Vitamin D3 - supports calcium absorption and
is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones. Low vitamin D
levels are common in women during pregnancy
- Calcium and magnesium - are
essential for bone health, as well as playing important roles in healthy
muscle and nerve function.
- Iron - is a component of haemoglobin, an essential
component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body.
Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive
sufficient oxygen. Without adequate iron levels the delivery of oxygen
to cells decreases and energy production may suffer. Iron requirements
increase during pregnancy because of increased needs for red blood cell
formation and foetal growth.
- Zinc - is essential to good health as it is
involved in many enzymatic reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate
levels of zinc are vital for a healthy baby’s normal growth and
- B group vitamins - play an essential role in baby's
Blackmores proudly supports the Australian Thyroid Foundation, a
not-for-profit organisation supporting optimal thyroid health. Visit
for more information.
Adults - Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally
Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby
with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, you should seek specific medical
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold, Blackmores
I-Folic®, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- Not for the treatment of iron deficiency.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Fish oil - natural (Tuna oil)
containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 160 mg as:
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate)
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
(Cholecalciferol 6.3 µg)
|Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 3.5 mg)
(as Dunaliella salina (natural source) extract equiv. to
fresh cell 72 mg)
*(as calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous 200 mg)
(as magnesium oxide - heavy 49.8 mg)
(as ferrous fumarate 15.7 mg)
(as zinc sulfate monohydrate 22.2 mg)
(as potassium iodide 164 µg)
- Calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron may decrease absorption and
efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone
antibiotics, bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs), thyroid hormone,
methyldopa, carbidopa or levodopa or penicillamine separate doses by at
least 2 hours.
- Vitamin D3 may cause hypercalcaemia (high calcium levels) if taken
with thiazide diuretics. Consult your healthcare professional before use
if taking a diuretic (fluid tablet).
- Iodine may interfere with treatment for thyroid conditions. Consult
your healthcare professional before use if being treated for thyroid
An opaque red, unprinted, oblong shaped soft gelatin capsule.